8.13.2008

Sgt. José Enrique Ulloa: R.I.P.

Sgt. José Enrique Ulloa, 23, a native of the Dominican Republic who immigrated to the U.S. at an early age, was killed Aug. 8 when his vehicle was struck by an improvised explosive device in Sadr City, Iraq.

“Esta es una guerra sin sentido que nos ha quitado mucho más de lo que nos está dando.” Francisca Mármol Ulloa, Sgt. Ulloa's sister
Ulloa is survived by his wife, Nieves Ulloa, and a seven-month-old son.

Related Links:
Otro soldado dominicano cae en la guerra de Irak
Nueva York rinde tributo a vegano caído en Irak
Mannheim servicemember killed in Baghdad

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/26/2008

    Bless your soul! I just got the word today and I am so very sorry to hear this news. My condolences to the family.
    I met Sergeant Ulloa when he was a fresh private and he came to the 515th Transportation Company in Germany, he was fresh out of basic training.
    He was a lively kid, sharp and was ready to take on the world.
    He wanted to make people laugh and it worked, always something witty to say, or something silly to do. He was very polite and always had something special to say about the women he loved.
    He was so alive and the joy he brought into peoples life was so special.
    I wish I could have watched him grow into a fine Sergent, my next duty station call was up and it was time for me to leave.
    I remember the last time I saw him, he gave me a big smile and wished me good luck!

    Rest now Seragent Ulloa. Thank you for your service to our fine country, you are now with the best of them. You duty, honor and courage will never be forgotten by this Soldier.

    You will forever be missed,

    CPL Rebekah Vian US Army

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/12/2008

    Thinking of you on Veterans Day...

    Rebekah Vian

    ReplyDelete