1) Allow direct aid to dissidents.Furthermore, Mas Santos cited George W. Bush's failed policies towards Cuba, and then concludes his letter with an endorsement of Barack Obama as the candidate whose US-Cuba approach best matches his proposal.
2) Lift restrictions on travel and remittances.
3) Maintain sanctions on hard currency.
4) Engage democratic forces in Cuba.
5) Rebuild U.S. intelligence capabilities in Cuba.
Controversial. Upsetting to some (as expressed here and here). And potentially a game-changer for the evolving politics of South Florida. Stay tuned!