10.30.2008

Joaquin Phoenix Quits Hollywood for the Guitar

Joaquin Rafael Phoenix has quit Hollywood.

The 34 year old San Juan, Puerto Rico-born actor announced his retirement from the silver screen this week in order pursue his new love: music.

"This will be my last performance as an actor. I'm not doing films anymore... I've been through that. I've done it... I'm dead serious."
Joaquin Phoenix -- who's reportedly working on an album -- got the music bug while learning to play the guitar for his Academy nominated role as Johnny Cash in Walk The Line.

In the movies, on the radio, or both -- Joaquin's many admirers will continue benefiting from the gifts of a uniquely talented individual.

Two Lovers, Phoenix's 'final' film is scheduled for release on February 13th, 2009.

Link

Joaquin Phoenix in 'Walk the Line'

No comments:

Post a Comment