2.11.2007

Kalyn Free: When Indians Vote, America Wins

Kalyn Free, a member of the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma, is the founder and President of INDN's List.

The Indigenous Democratic Network, INDN's List, is the only political organization that recruits, trains, and funds Indian candidates and staff and mobilizes the Indian Vote throughout America.

INDN's List is affiliated with The Democratic Party.

Kalyn Free believes that "[t]he 1st Americans shouldn't be the last to be represented".

Click here for Kalyn's biography and here for the INDNS's List video.

Also, click here for the story of INDN's List confronting Montana’s Ed Butcher, a Republican state representative, for his persistent racial insensitivity aganist Montana's Native Americans. Most recently, Butcher ridiculed fellow legislator Jonathan Windy Boy (Chippewa Cree) as “Chief Windy Boy” and inquiring whether he would wield his vice-chairman’s gavel as a “war club.”

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4/23/2008

    Kalyn,

    I just want to ask to give your endorsement for Barrack Obama. My wife (republican) and I (democrat) are both supporters of you and will support you in any future political endeavors that you strive for. I am also a 28 year old college student finishing my masters at SNU. I also work in radio for a country s Even though my wife is conservative we both believe that Barrack is the best choice and also feel that if the super delegates were to give this election to Hillary even though she is losing in every category that encompasses democracy we would be extraordinarily discouraged. I will vote for either democratic candidate because, while I respect McCain as a man, I believe that his policies are continuing down the wrong road. If any one of Dan Boren, national committee members James Frasier, Betty McElderry, Kalyn Free, Jay Parmley, state party chairman Ivan Holmes and vice chair Kitti Asberry endorse Hillary and she is behind in all categories I promise to fight to make sure that they never hold a public office again.


    Chris Higgins

    ReplyDelete