9.27.2007

Blogging Tonight's PBS Republican Forum at Morgan State U.

Speaking of debates...

Republican presidential hopefuls are scheduled to do their own PBS-Tavis Smiley forum tonight from Baltimore's Morgan State University.

The controversy heading into this event is that a number of the leading candidates are not attending. That is, Republicans are continuing their cross-country campaign of dissing any and all presidential forums targeting African American and Latino audiences.

As I did the Democratic PBS-Tavis Smiley forum in Washington DC, I'll join a group of bloggers from across the country in blogging this one as well. Credit to Robert Cox of the Media Bloggers Association and the folks at PBS/Tavis Smiley for encouraging bloggers--especially bloggers of color--to participate in these events.

While the audience for this forum will be miniscule, I suspect it'll offer some very interesting and, possibly, newsworthy moments.

Until later.

See Who Won the PBS-Tavis Smiley Republican Presidential Forum? Mike Huckabee, Tavis and the 1st African American Female Combat Pilot. (American Taíno - 9.27.07) for the rest of my comments.

Related: GOP's snub of minorities isn't smart strategy

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/27/2007

    Did not watch the entire event but like the less biased debate. I am a Ron Paul supporter all the way. I really like Travis Smiley. I have watched him many times on PBS and have always thought he was a really smart and articulate guy. Enjoyed what I saw, especially when Smiley called out the candidate for not answering the question asked. Wow, never seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/27/2007

    Woohoo! It was great - I was there in person. Everyone cheered for Ron the most - though it seems most of the supporters were seated way behind me. I felt like I was alone when I was clapping in the front. Ron Paul for the WIN!

    ReplyDelete